Access to legal advice
GCCRS has partnered with Christchurch Community Law (CCL) to assist homeowners with access to legal advice.
As a homeowner, you can engage a CCL lawyer directly and in most cases the costs will be met by GCCRS. Your CCL lawyer will explain what costs are covered by GCCRS, and any potential costs beyond that will be discussed with you before they are incurred.
CCL lawyers can give you advice on things like:
- interpretation of policy;
- what further information should be received from insurers, or technical experts;
- the terms and effect of accepting an ‘out of policy’ statement offer;
- the terms of the GCCRS Dispute Resolution Agreement; and
- all other options for resolving disputes.
The advice you receive from your CLC lawyer accessed through GCCRS is advice to you; GCCRS will not receive a copy of this advice without your permission.
You can use your own lawyer, although the costs will not be met by GCCRS.